BookReviewsbySteph

Book Reviews by Steph

My passion is to read and write reviews for great literature. My passion in reading was brought on to me by a neighbor who tutored me for speech and showed me books could be fun!

Review on Lies by T.M. Logan

Lies: The Gripping Psychological Thriller That Will Take Your Breath Away - T.M. Logan

Title: Lies

Author: T.M. Logan

Publisher: St. Martins Press

Publication Date: September 11, 2018

Genre: Psychological Thriller

Synopsis:

What if you have the perfect life, the perfect wife and the perfect child—then, in one shattering moment, you discover nothing is as it seems? Now you are in the sights of a ruthless killer determined to destroy everything you treasure.

It’s the evening drive home from work on a route Joe Lynch has taken a hundred times with his young son. But today, Joe sees his wife meet another man—an encounter that will rip two families apart. Raising the question: Can we ever really trust those closest to us?

Joe will do whatever it takes to protect his family, but as the deception unravels, so does his life. A life played out without any rules. And a cunning opponent who’s always one step ahead.

Review:

T.M. Logan! Wow, how have I not learned of you sooner? This book was all sorts of crazy and nail-biting, edge of your seat thrilling. I definitely did not find the ending coming. I caught myself dreaming of this book at times and would wake up in the middle of the night to read until my eyes would burn.

You have Joe Lynch and his wife Mel, or Melissa, they seem like a happy go lucky family. The wife is the main bread winner and Joe is a teacher in a prestigious school where image is everything. Outside looking in you wouldn't think you're looking at a murderer and a heavy coverup of some sort. Mel is having a torrid love affair but with who? What will Joe do when he finds out? How will this effect the lover and the lover's family? Are things really as they seem? Can the love Joe felt for Mel be salvaged, and how will this effect the relationship for their son?

I ask you these questions because I really don't want to give too much away, this is a MUST read!

Rating: * * * * */* * * * * 5 out of 5 stars!

Disclaimer: I received an early reader copy for my reading pleasure and was asked for an honest rating. Thank you St. Martins Press and T.M. Logan for allowing me this opportunity!

Happy reading y'all and have a great week!

~Steph